Friday, October 06, 2006

My own private Project Runway

Over the summer I had the chance to hairdress a fashion show during LA fashion week. The gifted Gillian Kuhlman (G42) was the key hairstylist at the Glaza show. It was brilliant and we all had a fantastic time. Marina Toybina, the designer for Glaza (a lovely lady) was gracious enough to loan us garments for the art team's opener of the Awards for Excellence, Carlton's annual artist competition between salons, this last Sunday. The wardrobe was stunning to say the least, and we thank Marina for all her help.
This, however is not the purpose of this post. Marina, the lovely lady that she is, bestowed upon me a most beautimus cocktail dress; grey balloon skirt, empire waist, with yellow/white roses and raffia-like adornment along the bust. It was a hit at the after show and, as a simple girl from Claremont, has earned a special place not only it the blog but in my memiors, to be published once someone I know has become fabulously famous enough to make money off of. Thank you, Marina (even though my little skater brothers didn't get, and may have laughed a little when I showed them. What you gonna do, it was made of tent material. They don't get fashion!)

If I had pictures from the event I would post. This is not the case, so here is a plea; if anyone took a picture of me Sunday night, please pass it along. The blog would love it so!

1 Comments:

Blogger NVMBR said...

I'm the first one to comment. I win.

I'd like to thank the Academy®, for nominating my comment. Of course, I'd like to give a big thank you to the blog, without whom none of this would be possible. I want to thank my agent Ira Foot, his assistants Francesca and Tron. I would also like to take this moment point out the current situation in Tibet. I think the Chinese government - - {music rises from the orchestra pit, mic is cut, and yet I still talk into it while the graphics roll and the music drowns me out. Inaudibly you see me struggling with large tuxedo wearing gentlemen while trying to mouth the words to the camera "I'd also like to thank Rachel..."}

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home